Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reminders...

I had an interesting experience today: I was rebuked by myself. Let me explain. I was looking over some old journal entries from 2006 and was amazed as I read them by the purpose that I saw in each situation. 2006 was a difficult year because I had to make a lot of decisions about my life and career. Decisions and I are like oil and water in a lot of ways--we don't go together very well. I worry and worry that I might make the wrong decision and disappoint someone. At that time, my life was not turning out as I had expected, and I didn't want to have to make decisions that redefined my goals and dreams. But, I did. I couldn't escape reality, couldn't change the situation, so I made decisions and I survived the ordeal. I would even say now that I thrived because of what it taught me.

As I looked back at those entries, today, I saw evidence time and again that there is purpose in everything that we do in life. There is a plan, and as I keep living to the best of my ability, the plan will make sense in due time, piece by piece. I think it's easy to forget the grand scheme of things and to get bogged down by our immediate difficulties. We forget what a wonder gift life is and how glorious it is to be able to have such a unique experience here.

As I was reminded of these wonderful truths today, I felt rebuked for being frustrated lately with my own lack of understanding. I am happy to report, however, that I now know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and when the Lord closes a door, he DOES open a window. I still don't have answers, but I know they will come to light in due time.

How grateful I am for his plan. And I can't wait to understand the details of it someday. :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

There is the happy positive Meggie I know! I knew you would make it back sometime. I know it isn't easy to stay positive or at least come to terms with all the things that happen in our lives, but I am just glad to hear that you are starting to sound better (not that you were terrible, but I never like seeing you so sad). You are wonderful and I love ya tons and I can't wait to hang out with you this weekend!