Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Love to See the Temple


Last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the open house for the Draper, Utah temple. In my faith, temples are an essential part of God's plan for his children. In these sacred buildings, members are taught about God's plan and are able to make covenants that enable us to return to our father in Heaven after this life. It is where families are sealed as eternal units that can be together forever, literally.

Getting to walk through a brand new temple was a beautiful experience, not only because of the gorgeous architecture and craftsmanship, but also because of the peace that settled upon the place. I am so grateful for a haven from the craziness of the world. It invigorates me and excites me for the possibilities of the eternities. If you ever have the chance to visit a temple prior to its dedication and walk through all the rooms, I highly suggest that you take advantage of the opportunity. It is a powerful place with a powerful message.

FYI - If you don't live in Utah and can't get to the open house, KSL published some great pictures of both the interior and exterior of the temple (all with the authorization of the church). You can see them HERE.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Robyn and I went a few weeks ago. It was uber awesome.

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that you got to go and see how beautiful it is inside the temple. I look forward to the day when we can go together.

Carol said...

It was a beautiful experience visiting the temple with you. I'm so glad we're a "forever family".