Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gotta Dance!


I love to dance. It's been in my blood since I was a little girl pretending to be a ballerina. I don't get to dance a lot these days, but I still LOVE watching people who are really good.

Last night I went down to BYU for the National DanceSport Championships. One word: AMAZING. So amazing, in fact, that I actually got choked up as I watched the first few numbers perform (I know I'm a nerd). It was so fun to be back there and sense the excitement and adrenaline of performing that fills the Marriott Center.

In the spirit of appreciating great dancing, I am posting a link to the most creative and impressive cabaret routine I have ever seen. It was at BYU two years ago, and the couple won the competition after receiving a standing ovation. If you don't know what cabaret is, it's the equivalent of ice skating without the skates, complete with crazy lifts and spins. (P.S.--If you do go to watch the video, there is a "part two" that has the ending. It's cut off in the first one, but you have to watch it because he does the COOLEST lift where he catches her in a chair!) ENJOY!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

When ya gotta dance ya gotta dance.

Kristy said...

Glad you enjoyed Dance Sport, Meg! I wish we could have seen you...alas, next time you're in P-town you'll have to stop by! Love you!!

Holly June said...

I have MANY good memories of going to Dance Sport with you. Such fun! I also remember seeing that cabaret number with you and afterward both of us wishing we were ballroom dancers. Whenever I think of anything dance, I think of you! I miss you!

Robyn said...

That was so cool! Thanks for sharing. I miss dancing too, but you were far more talented at it then I was. I guess that is the great thing about dance, you don't have to be great to love to dance.

Ann said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries when she watches dance...