Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh what do you do in the summertime?

Summer break is here, and I am finally getting the chance to work on some fun projects I've been wanting to do for awhile. I've lost count of how many times I've been to Michael's and JoAnn's in the last week, but I have some fun creations to show for the effort. I didn't really use patterns for once; I just experimented (which meant that it's a good thing my roommate owns a seam ripper). But, I'm happy with the results.
Here are some of my latest sewing projects!
Pillows for my bed. They make a great accent to the bold red (which you can't see).

An apron I made for my friend Katie who got married last weekend. I had a hard time parting with it though. Cute fabric that I found in the REMNANT bin! What a find!

A pin-cushion for my sewing. Little, but a fun use of scrap fabric.

Now I'm feeling so inspired. What else should I make?

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Next you should make something super cute for your sister (the one you live the closest to). I think that is the best idea. Or at least help her with the curtains waiting to be maid for her kitchen. She has a seem ripper =).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paul and Susan said...

I love the pillows, apron, and pin cushion. You are so creative!

Rebecca said...

Hey Megan! You are such a talented seamstress! Love that apron. By the way...was that Graham Harr a few posts back??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.