Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy's Girl

I am a self-proclaimed Daddy's girl.

As a child, I loved to watch out the front window, waiting for Dad to come home from work. I would meet him at the door, carry his briefcase to his room, and then insist on sitting on his lap after I finished my dinner while everyone talked about things that went way over my head. I didn't care; I was snuggling with my Daddy.

Still, every time I come home to visit, Dad has a huge hug waiting for me. There is safety and comfort in the embrace of a man who has sacrificed so much to make me happy. I can't hug him today, but, Dad, consider yourself hugged Annie-get-your-gun style hugged today!

On top of all the other talents I can attribute to my father, the best is that I give him credit (at least half credit) for creating the best family ever! We are a quirky hodgepodge of different personality types and interests, but it's clear to me that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he put us all together. One person's strengths compensates for another person's weakness, and everybody is successful because of the close ties we've created. I'm SOOO grateful for a family that can have so much fun and also support each other through the difficult times. It makes life a glorious, joyous experience.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Don't forget how excited we got when Dad took of his tie because it meant he was staying home. We really do have the best family and the best parents! I always feel loved and unique.