Monday, April 20, 2009

So, I can't decide on one thing to write about, because too many exciting things have happened in the last week, so...here is my top 5 list!

5. I made Easter bread (albeit a little last-minute, due to my spontaneous trip to California), and it turned out pretty well! I think so, at least. You can judge for yourself.
4. I got a new roommate! Her name is Brenda, and she has been great so far. She makes my life more exciting and less expensive. A great combination. Isn't she cute?

3. I fell in love with Susan Boyle of Britain's Got Talent. She restored my confidence in the ability of a truly talented person to overcome the materialism and body image-obsession of the media world. If you haven't gotten a chance to see the video that had the most hits on YouTube last week (over 100 million), you MUST watch it. You won't regret it. I promise.

2. I also made friends with two wonderful ladies in my stake. Their names are Beth and Margaret, and they are the most wonderful women. Our ward did a service project on Saturday cleaning up the yards and houses of widows in the area, and we were privileged to meet these two ladies. I am excited to go back and visit them.

1. I became a back up dancer for a rap artist!...Yes, I know, I'm not the most ghetto person ever, however, I've made some major progress in the last week. I had the baggy clothes and everything! In truth, we had our faculty variety show and I was trying to be supportive of my friend who wanted to perform Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice, Baby." It was fun, but I don't think I'll be quitting my day job any time soon. Can you see me?

P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I think you're ghetto. :)

Paul and Susan said...

I enjoyed hearing about each of your items. I love the Susan Boyle story also. Your easter bread looks delicious. And I would like to see a video of you dancing in the show!

Ann said...

You rock! Or... rap!
And oh my goodness, don't you just LOVE Ms. Boyle! I cried when I heard her sing "I Dreamed a Dream' - it was amazing. Can't wait to hear more!

Jeff said...

I'm glad you're so ghetto.