Thursday, April 23, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

It's official. I bought a plane ticket tonight for my trip to Washington D.C. and New York City in June! I'm SOOOO excited. I haven't been to D.C. since 2000, and I've NEVER been to NYC, which is a tragedy considering my love for Broadway. My roommate and I are going for a week and a half, and I can't wait to embark upon that grand adventure.

Things I'm excited for in D.C.--


1) Seeing Kevin and Dana

2) Going to the Holocaust museum

3) Exploring the Smithsonian

4) Visiting all the monuments...not in 20 degree weather this time :)

5) Going to various and sundry other place of historical significance...suggestions?

Things I'm excited for in NYC--

1) BROADWAY!

2) The Empire State Building

3) Carnegie Deli

4) Central Park

5) Shopping

6) Riding the subway (yes, I know it's disgusting)

Anybody have any tips on what to do while we're there?

4 comments:

Jeff said...

That sounds like a great trip. I hope you have tons of fun. My family took a trip to that area right before my mission it was way awesome.

Dana said...

Hi Meg. Kev and I are so excited to have you visit! We can't wait to show you our new home, see more of DC, and just visit with you. By the way, I really want to see the Holocaust Museum too. We still haven't made it to that one.

Robyn said...

I am WAY excited for you. If I wasn't going to Hawaii I might ask if I could tag along. Well, have fun and tell me all about it when you get home!

Kristy said...

Yay! We bought tickets to DC, too! Maybe we should meet up and have lunch? We'll have to compare itineraries to make sure we don't miss anything!! Love you, Meg!