Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh What Do You Do on Maternity Leave?

Remember that old primary song, "Oh what do you do in the summertime..."? I have been singing that to myself this week, but I changed the words. Here's my version:

Oh, what do you do on maternity leave
when the baby has yet to be born?
Do you waddle around, and look at the mound
that is your growing belly?
Is that what you do? So do I!

Actually, this past week has been great (though I am flabbergasted when I look at the above picture and realize how big this baby is getting). I've had time to clean, shop, and otherwise get things ready for the baby. I have even found the energy to complete on several projects that I had been planning. Here are some of my recent successes:

Car seat cover for our little guy! I love that the lions on the fabric say "ROAR" and the giraffes say "Hello down there!" So fun!


Nursing cover...practical and cute!

And...the biggest accomplishment of all...I finally finished the quilt that my sisters & I have been working on for almost a year for our nephew. Hooray for online video tutorials that taught me how to bind a quilt, and hooray for endless episodes of Monk that kept me company while I hand-stitched the binding on the back side. It was a really neat project to see come together in the end, and I hope Damon gets some good use out of the quilt. It's in the mail and on its way to him as we speak!


I have more projects in mind for this week, but we'll see how far I get before baby boy decides it's time to come. Five days until my due date. This is starting to feel real...and surreal...and exciting. Wish us luck. I think we're going to need all we can get. :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Good luck! I'm excited for the little guy to join us. It will be an excellent way to celebrate Star Wars day. (Assuming he stays on schedule.)

Tanaya and Tim said...

Wow. I am surprised at how similar we are! We had the same old navy maternity shirt (ok, not so crazy) but our car seat covers are very similar too. Mine looks like that with forest animals and a green trim! We picked out the fabric and Tim's mom made it. I was looking forward to having some time on maternity leave before baby came, but he was too excited to come so I ended up taking leave the day he was born. I saw on facebook yesterday he wasn't here yet, so I'll be thinking about you. Things are WAY busier once the baby is outside of your stomach.