Hooray for summer vacation! I only have 11 teaching days left before I bid a fond farewell to my students for this year. I'm not sure what they learned, but at least we all survived to try again next year.
Here are a few of my favorite things that I've learned this year from my students:
1) "Americans need to eat more VEGETARIANS."
2) Classrooms are a good place to practice skateboard moves, though necessarily without the skateboards.
3) Pencils lodged in the ceiling are more interesting than anything I could ever say.
4) All the frustrations of preparing for a student talent assembly pay off when you see them on stage and start to get teary-eyed as if they were your own children.
5) leap frog, doing the wave, and hula hooping are essential parts of a seventh grade education.
Those are just a few, and my brain feels too fuzzy to come up with more right now. I wonder what else they'll come up with before the year is over...