Now that it's warmer here in Utah (at least it's raining instead of snowing), I've ventured outdoors for some fun! I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point on Friday night, and I went and played with Addie and Ian on Saturday as part of my trip to the Beehive Bazaar (a cool hand-crafted boutique).
Last night, I went to Bravo Broadway at Abravanel Hall and listened to three fabulous Broadway singers do a revue of some great songs along with the Utah Symphony (That wasn't outside, but I thought it was worth noting). I saw the most beautiful rainbow yesterday, but it disappeared before I could snap a photo. Here are some pictures I did snap this weekend, as well as a list of some of the things I love about Spring.
1) The smell of rain
2) The sound of raindrops outside my window as I fall asleep
3) Being able to go outside without a parka on, and not having my breath taken away by the cold
4) Being reminded how many bright colors there are in the world, not just white, gray, and black.
5) Realizing that I'm on the home stretch of school, and summer vacation is almost here.
6) Gearing up for great summer fruits and vegetables that don't have to be shipped from Timbuktu
7) Seeing sunlight when I drive to school in the morning (nobody should have to be awake before the sun is)
8) Reading outside on a blanket in the sunshine (when it's not raining)
9) Planning summer vacations
10) Going hiking
I could write so many more, but I'll simply finish with one thought. Springtime always reminds me of a song I learned back in Primary. It's message is so simple, and yet I find myself singing it on rainy Sunday afternoons because it is so true:
Whenever I hear the song of a bird,
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face,
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose,
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live is this beautiful world
Heavenly Father Created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart,
I thank him reverently
For all his creations of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.