Monday, June 27, 2011

A Few Random Memories

I've neglected my blog in the last few months, and now that I have time, I've realized that I meant to blog about several things, but I never quite got around to it. So this post will be a brief mishmash of a few fun activities we've done during the first half of 2011.

In January, I found out that each winter in Midway, Utah, there is a man who builds ice castles in the town square. It sounded like a unique idea, so Graham and I drove up one night to go look. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was impressed by the 20+ foot castles that greeted me. You could actually walk through the middle of them (no thrones, though). Sadly, my camera ran out of battery about three minutes after we got there, so I only got a couple of pictures. Oops.

During Graham's busy season at work, I kept myself busy with numerous projects while waiting for him to come home. :) This is a quilt I made for my college roommate Kristy's baby girl. I didn't want to post the picture until after I gave her the quilt, and then I forgot. Oops again.

For my first week of summer vacation, Graham and I drove to California. He had to work in San Jose, so I went with him and split my days between Ann and Teanca, and Kristy. It was so nice to see them all and have a fun way to kick off the summer. One day, Ann, Teanca, and I decided to go to the Villa Montalvo for a picnic and a walk around the grounds (you can see the villa in the distance through the gates).

Here are a few shots from our nature-loving excursion.


Now, off to have some more adventures!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

OH! I love that last picture Meg! That is BEAUTIFUL! We should have some adventures together too.

Unknown said...

I concur with Robyn, that last picture is great!

Paul and Susan said...

Sounds like you are busy and having lots of fun. You definitely are talented with your camera (and making baby blankets!)